Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wings and Kitties

Wings won game 7, so I still have my job at the Anchor for another series. Also, gotta talk a bit about my Motor City Kitties. Without further adieu, here it goes.

First - glad to see the Wings win game 7, and more importantly glad to see the game winner goal was a garbage goal by Dan Cleary. It wasn't even a rebound, he more so just pushed Hiller's pad into the puck. Who cares though. As any coach says, good things happen if you throw the puck on net and crash the crease, and that's how the Wings got that goal. I would like to see more of this and I would like to see Pavel and Hank show up in the upcoming series.

Second - I really like Darren Helm. Every shift he makes a good play. Its not always a goal. Sometimes its a big check, a takeaway in the neutral zone, or a strong forecheck where he gets the puck back. Either way, the man is scoring a bit now and I couldn't be happier for anyone else on the team. His goal in game 7 showed on grand display his speed, which will be his greatest asset as his career blossoms as a Wing. Weird and depressing to know that he's two years younger than me.

Third - so we're playing the Hawks. Finally we have a good old fashioned Original 6 match up. And as much as I hate the Hawks, I'm glad to see their relevant again. Getting liqueured up at Marge's over the Preds and Blue Jackets just wasn't the same. Either way, I'm happy that I can hate the Hawks again without feeling guilty about how shitily run an organization (say it in Canadian: Org inn I zaa shun) they are. Fuck Chicago and fuck the Hawks. Fuck Eddie the Eagle, fuck Steve Larmer, fuck Chicago style dogs(not as good as Coneys), fuck Old Style (never as good as Stroh's), fuck Fall Out Boy (from Chicago), but don't fuck Chris Chelios. Never thought I'd ever say such nice things about Chelios.

Quick hits - in regards to the Tigers, it appears Dombrowski is back to his old tricks. He is getting undervalued players for nothing, and watching them blossom into stars. Edwin Jackson appears to be the heist of the century so far. I realize he loaded the Tigers up with some big contracts that weren't worth the paper they were signed on (Sheff, Dontrelle, Big League Nate), but he knows how to spot talent in the lower levels, and the Tigers have a good one in Edwin Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment